Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brothers in Chicago




It is difficult to start a new life in a country that you never grew up with. You have your ideals of a better life to be, but starting a new life in a foreign country is not easy. Epecially if you have your family back to where you came from. You always feel that you where alone. It is not easy if you are by yourself braving the snow that you've only seen in your freezer before. Shoveling ice that freezes your bone just to get to work.


When I came in the US I knew that I have some of my brods and sis living here in the US. At that time there is no way of knowing where they where. No MEDICUS BLOG, No yahoogroup, no way of telling where they where. This was year 2000, but luck would have it that in one of my mall visits I saw a familiar face sitting right in front of me. It is Sam Sales, a brod, from then on I was connected to my family.


We have 2 brods that came in the US and ended up in Illinois. One is Gilbert that I have no inkling was planning to go to the US and Laverne that for want of giving a better life to his children decided to come and brave the cold and freezing place.


I did not know then, that I was a friendster buddy of Gilbert's son. His son told me that they where in Illinois, not knowing that we have brods there in the same batch (Vincula Concordia). Laverne passby Los Angeles on his way to Chicago and was informed that Manny lives in Chicago and a contact number was given. It turns out to be a small world as Laverne's friends was also a friend of Manny's wife. Then I told Laverne that Gilbert was also in Illinois and another contact number was sent.


Here are the pictures taken when the 3 Viculits met in Chicago. With your brods you'll never feel alone.


Brothers in Arms

No comments: