Friday, December 28, 2007

25th Anniversary Celebration

Today is the day that a lot were waiting for; the celebration for the 25th Year of the founding of Medici Omnes Duciens. I have been trying to think of something for the celebration but nothing comes out of my curdled idle brain for 2 weeks now. Butch asked me to post or send him videos of brods and sis here in the US to show during the party. I tried, but our brods and sis were mostly camera shy, thus nothing comes out of this. I hope that during the party someone could think of taking pictures as the celebration unfolds. So that for the rest of us who dream of being there but could not make it, will see and feel the celebration.

Dr Dayrit once said that Medicus will die the natural way just like the old organizations that were once founded at MCU (eg. INVICTUS), but I think our 25th celebration proves that MEDICUS will not be another case. We will not die a natural death, we will linger, survive and multiply. This is so because, each member strive to bring Medicus to life, that is something that they (other organizations) do not have.

When I joined Medicus a few years ago (like 22 years ago) I said to myself this is just another school organization. I would be on the background and a member in name only and as much as I could, I will be inactive. It did not happened that way, because Medicus is you or me. It is not just an organization it becomes our way of life. Medicus gives me a family outside of my family. It gives me the joy of living as a medical student. It gives me all the best friends that I could ever asked. I could not imagine being in MCU medicine without Medicus, without the practical jokes that we always had to watch out for, lest you be the subject of the joke.

If I am not a Medicus , there would not be Mabuhay happening, imburnal incident, EDSA 1, Near drowning at Anilao, the isla sombrero storm, endless bottles of beer, sleeping at West Ave (dahil walang pamasahe), island hopping in 100 islands, near accident at Olongapo and a lot more to mention. Do you know how boring life would be for me? Almost 90% of the fun that I have in life, MEDICUS is there in one way or another. I will continue to have fun in life and will always have my brods and sis. And for all of these thank you MEDICUS, HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY too.

agp 107

No comments: